Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Experiment 16 - The Selection


Hey Hey, look at me go, it's Wednesday and I'm posting my recipe selection.  Of course, I have to work on Saturday, probably for more of the day than I care to think about, so there's little chance I'll make this until Sunday.  On the other hand, this looks fairly simple and doesn't look like it will take a lot of time, so we'll see how that workday goes.  Because after working all day, what would be better than ....

Sweet & Sassy BBQ Chicken Pizza
(hey look, I don't name these things, I just pick 'em out of the box)

1 can (10 oz) HORMEL ® Chunk Chicken, drained
1/2 red onion, sliced
1 T. CARAPELLI ® Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3/4 c barbecue sauce
1 (12 in) prepared pizza crust
3/4 c shredded Pepper Jack cheese

OK, so obviously this is from an ad; it appears to be from a Sunday newspaper coupon section.  I can not guarantee that I'll be using the name brands mentioned, that all depends on what is in my pantry and what is at the store.  I'm kind of surprised that there's no brand name attached to the barbecue sauce.  Guess I'm on my own for that one.  I did just use up the last of my olive oil when making tonight's dinner, so I know I'll be buying that.  Not sure if there's any canned chicken on hand, but even so, I'm thinking that 10 ounces spread over a 12 inch pizza crust might be skimpy (there's another adjective for the recipe name, eh?).  Details on the shopping trip when I post the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment