Saturday, April 14, 2012

Experiment 15 - The Ingredients

I just didn't feel up to transcription last night, so here are the ingredients for this week's selection

Chicken Cassoulet


1 cup dry navy beans (7 to 8 ounces)
2 1/2 to 3 pounds meaty chicken pieces (breasts, thighs, and/or drumsticks)
1/2 pound cooked Polish sausage
1 cup tomato juice
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon instant beef or chicken bouillon granules
1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
1/2 cup chopped carrot
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)

This will be going in the Crock Pot, so I can prep in the morning, do my outside chores, and then 8 hours later, dinner will be ready.  But all that will happen tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I love cassoulet! I can't wait to hear how this one comes out.

    I ordered it once in the Netherlands and a really great local place, and the poor waitress was warning everyone that it was vegetarian cassoulet. I didn't know there was such a thing, but she said it was the chef's favorite, even though it made the diners angry (hence the warning).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now it smells fantastic, but I have to wait at least three more hours. I've also left the lid on the crock pot the whole time, which may be the first time ever in the 20+ years I've had it.

      Delete