Thursday, February 9, 2012

Experiment 6 - The Selection


Look at me, a day late again.  Maybe this is my new schedule and I didn't tell anybody.  Or maybe I had a pretty rough start of the week at work, and got behind on several things.  Nevertheless, here is this week's recipe selection.  It comes from a card that was mailed to me as a solicitation for (yet another) recipe of the month club type of thing.  I probably got that solicitation because of the Southern Living recipes I was already getting.  This seems to be from 1995, and what we have coming is

Chili-Spiced Chicken

1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/3 teaspoon ground red pepper
6 (6 ounce) skinned chicken breasts
Vegetable cooking spray
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes
  undrained and chopped
1/2 cup slice green onions
1 teaspoon seeded, chopped jalapeno pepper
2 teaspoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons water

I can tell you right now that I'm going to be using chicken thighs, because I just bought a big pack of them at BJ's the other day.  Besides, I like thighs better.  Most everything else is already on hand, except I don't think I have any jalapenos.  Shopping should be simple this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment