Saturday, February 25, 2012

Experiment 8 - The Selection

Holy cow is this late.  Today's the day I'm supposed to cook whatever it is, and I just now (10:40 AM on Saturday) picked something out of the box.  I blame the faster than light neutrinos.

OK, I have errands to run (including shopping for ingredients, I guess), so let's make this snappy.   I'll discuss more about this clipping later.  And the clipping that fell out of the box today is ...

Tortilla Soup


Ingredients:
3 tablespoons corn oil
4 corn tortillas, quartered
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 medium onions, chopped
4 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1/2 or 1 jalapeno pepper (depending on how hot you want it)
8 cups chicken stock
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
Garnishes:
Crisp fried strips of tortilla
Grated cheddar cheese
Cooked julienne of chicken
Diced avocado
Chopped cilantro

Might not get around to making this until tomorrow.
Your call is very important to us.  The next available blogger will take your call.  Please stand by.

No comments:

Post a Comment