Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Experiment 23 - The Selection


Hey, I'm back.  Summer, busy, yada yada yada.

I found today's recipe selection in a pile of papers in my home office. I'm trying desperately to get that room spotless for when my family visits in a few weeks, and I'm finding all kinds of stuff.  I'm also throwing out a lot of stuff, so that's the good part.  I just need a whole lot of extra days between now and then.

In my non-blogged about cooking over the last few weeks, I seem to have been eating a lot of "Mexican" type foods.  Partially because I bought two packages of tortillas that I was determined to use instead of throw away, and partially because it's generally a pretty easy meal one way or another.  So it's fairly amusing that the clipping I found has a headline "Ravioli goes south of border".  This one, for once, is not from the Hartford Courant, it's from the Richmond Times-Disgrace, Sunday October 19, 2003, a column called "Desperation Dinners".

And what I'll desparately be making this weekend is ...

Tex-Mex Mini Ravioli Soup

Here are the ingredients:

1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 large onion (for about 1 cup chopped)
2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans fat-free chicken broth
1 cup bottled salsa, mild or hot
1 cup frozen corn kernels
1 9 ounce package refrigerated cheese mini ravioli
1 15 ounce can black beans
reduced-fat sour cream, optional garnish.

Serves 4.  "Start to finish: 20 minutes".

No comments:

Post a Comment