Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Experiment 21 - The Selection


Instead of reaching into the big box of recipes this week, I picked a file from one of the many disks I have files on.  Packrattery by electronics still is a terrible thing.

I did make a tasty chocolate pie not all that long ago, but the recipe I chose sounded really good to me.  I also liked the measurements being all presented in metric.  I don't know how useful that will make it to anybody else who might stumble upon this blog and try to make the recipe.  If possible, I'll try to jot down the conversions as I go when I prepare this on Saturday or Sunday.  I also liked that the actual preparation calls for using my stand mixer, but let's not get ahead of things!                                              

Irish Whiskey Cake with Dark Chocolate 
Ingredients:
340 g all-purpose flour
5 g salt
15 g baking powder
110 g unsalted butter
365 g sugar
10 ml vanilla
3 eggs
2 egg whites
100 ml Irish whiskey (Jameson recommended)
80 ml canola oil
125 ml milk
50 g good quality chopped chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment